ZyXEL has introduced two new SOHO / SMB VPN routers.
The VFG Series of firewall / VPN gateways have Gigabit WAN (1) and switched LAN (4) ports and support 32 IPsec and 16 PPTP VPN tunnels.
Both models also have a USB 2.0 port to support WWAN adapters from Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, T-mobile and Rogers in primary, fallback and failover modes.
ZyXEL is positioning the products as suited for use with 100 Mbps+ Internet services with 300 Mbps routing throughput and 11 Mbps IPsec tunnel throughput.
The two models are the wired-only VFG6005 Gigabit VPN Firewall Gateway and VFG6005N 4-Port Wireless N Gigabit Firewall Gateway. The VFG6005N has all the features of the VFG6005 plus an integrated 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n access point with Wireless LAN isolation and dual SSIDs for secure wireless guest access.
Most Read This Week
- Actiontec Releases MoCA 2.0 AC Wireless Extenders
- NETGEAR FVS336G-300 ProSafe Dual WAN Gigabit Firewall Reviewed
- TRENDnet TPL-421E2K Powerline 1200 AV2 Adapter Kit with Built-in Outlet Reviewed
- TP-LINK TL-PA8030P KIT 3-Port Gigabit Passthrough Powerline Starter Kit Reviewed
- VLAN How To: Segmenting a small LAN
Top Performing Routers
Top Performing NASes
Over In The Forums
Don't Miss These