Ubiquiti has announced a new wireless management OS and draft 802.11ac access point to go with it.
The new UniFi 3.0 platform includes a new draft 802.11ac access point, upgraded management software and what Ubiquiti calls "Zero-Handoff" roaming technology. Zero-Handoff is handled by the management software at the AP level. Special client software is not needed.
The access point is based on Broadcom's new dual-core chipset and simultaneously supports link rates up to 1300 Mbps in 5 GHz and 450 Mbps in 2.4 GHz. It has a Gigabit LAN connection and can be powered by a separate power supply or Power over Ethernet.
Ubiquiti UniFi 3.0 draft 802.11ac access point
The new APs are priced at $299, with first shipments starting in April and volume shipments by May. UniFi 3.0 software can be downloaded for free starting April 15. Ubiquiti is also offering one free new AP for Aruba and Ruckus customers as a "competitive upgrade".
Most Read This Week
- AC1900 First Look: NETGEAR R7000 & ASUS RT-AC68U
- ASUS RT-AC88U Dual-Band Wireless-AC3100 Gigabit Router Reviewed
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit Router Reviewed
- TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router Archer C5 V2 Reviewed
- TP-LINK Talon AD7200 Multi-Band Wi-Fi Router Reviewed
Top Performing Routers
Top Performing NASes
Over In The Forums
Don't Miss These