Unlike the DIR-615, the DIR-625 does support Ubicom's StreamEngine auto-QoS technology for automatic management of uplink bandwidth. The latest 3.05 firmware also adds support for D-Link's "SecureSpot" subscription-based managed security service.
On the wireless side, the DIR-625 properly defaults to 20 MHz bandwidth mode. It even (almost) properly supported a WPS push-button session using a D-Link DWA-642 client card. A unique SSID and security key were properly generated, propagated to the card and used to complete a secured connection. But the DIR-625 reported WPA-only / TKIP in use, while the card reported WPA2 (AES).
Wireless best-case throughput in the default 20 MHz bandwidth mode was in the 50 - 60 Mbps range. Switching to 40 MHz mode bumped wireless throughput up to 60 - 70 Mbps.
Most Read This Week
- AC1900 First Look: NETGEAR R7000 & ASUS RT-AC68U
- ASUS RT-AC88U Dual-Band Wireless-AC3100 Gigabit Router Reviewed
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit Router Reviewed
- TP-LINK Talon AD7200 Multi-Band Wi-Fi Router Reviewed
- TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router Archer C5 V2 Reviewed
Top Performing Routers
Top Performing NASes
Over In The Forums
Don't Miss These