D-Link has added cloud monitoring features to some of its managed switches.
The new feature is called D-Link Insight and is available right now on A1 versions of DES-1210-28/28P/52 and DGS-1210-16/24/48 series switches via free firmware update.
The upgrade comes with a free one year trial of Insight Plus, which uses Microsoft Network Access Protection (NAP) to query and report client compliance with company security policy.
Basic Insight features include network device discovery plus:
- Tracking of devices connected to the switch by MAC address, IP and switch port
- DHCP OS fingerprinting to identify DHCP and DNS servers, routers/gateways and clients
- Automatic switch configuration backup and restore
- Notification alerts indicating change in device connectivity to the network (e.g., new hardware additions or Web smart switch disconnection)
- Windows and MacOS support
Insight Plus includes Insight Basic features, plus policy compliance reporting for Windows and MacOS clients for firewall status, anti-spyware updates, anti-virus updates and OS updates.