Amazon Web Services just announced a free usage tier.
Beginning November 1, new AWS customers will be able to run a free Amazon EC2 instance for one year. The free tier also includes free usage for Amazon S3, Amazon Elastic Block Store, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, and AWS data transfer.
The new free tier is aimed at letting new developers get to know (and depend on) Amazon’s cloud services. The freebies are available only to new AWS customers and are available for 12 months following the AWS sign-up date.
The following services are free for one year to new users:
– 750 hours per month of micro Linux Amazon EC2 instance usage enough to run continuously (there are approximately 750 hours in a month)
– 750 hours per month of an Amazon Elastic Load Balancer
– 10 GB per month of Amazon Elastic Block Storage
– 5 GB per month of Amazon S3 Storage
– 30 GB per month of internet data transfer (15 GB of data transfer in and 15 GB of data transfer out across all services)
These service levels are free for all users, with no time limit.
– 25 Machine Hours per month of Amazon SimpleDB
– 100,000 Requests per month of Amazon Simple Queue Service
– 100,000 Requests per month, 100,000 Notifications over HTTP per month, and 1,000 Notifications over Email per month for Amazon Simple Notification Service
To learn more, visit http://aws.amazon.com/free.