LogMeIn has added new remote configuration features for Android and iOS devices to its Rescue service.
The new version of LogMeIn Rescue adds mobile device configuration capabilities to quickly troubleshoot and secure smart devices in the field.
New features include:
* Remote configuration of iOS and Android connectivity settings, including Wi-Fi network setup and Access Point Name (APN) settings
* Remote configuration of device permissions and push device pass code settings for iPhones and iPads
* The ability to create customized iOS helpdesk or self-help shortcut app icons
* an SOS button giving iPad and iPhone users the ability to directly connect to quick help guides or web chat through a single touch
* A new, full featured desktop app version of the LogMeIn Rescue Tech Console that can initiate mobile and computer support sessions with a single click
* Non-browser methods to access all of Rescue’s web-based capabilities
LogMeIn Rescue provides a single, web-based tool for remotely supporting tablets, smartphones, and computers running iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Symbian, Windows, Windows Mobile, and Mac OS X. Hit the site for more info.