Buffalo has announced three DD-WRT based routers.
The AirStation AC 1750 WZR-1750DHPD, AirStation N600 WZR-600DHP2D, and AirStation N300 WHR-300HP2D join Buffalo’s other four routers that come with the popular open-source router distro installed.
The WZR-1750DHPD is Buffalo’s first 802.11ac router with DD-WRT.
Features of the new routers include:
- OpenVPN, VLAN and full command line root access
- Ability to set up as a Wi-Fi hotspot
- VPN passthrough
- RADIUS authentication for additional wireless security
- Advanced QoS controls for bandwidth allocation
- DHCP server
- WDS wireless bridging/repeating
- Ability to create multiple SSIDs
- DNS caching
- Iptables NAT and Firewall
- Viewable performance statistics to measure bandwidth levels
- Telnet and SSH Root access
Buffalo DD-WRT routers
The AC1750 class WZR-1750DHPD is shipping now for $189.99. The N600 class WZR-600DHP2D and N300 class WHR-300HP2D will follow in "early March" at $109.00 and $59.99, respectively. All prices are MSRP.