D-Link has announced new switches, enterprise wireless products and IP cameras.
D-Link has made numerous product announcements over the past week or so in conjunction with the ISC West show that we need to catch up on. So here goes.
The DGS-1500 SmartPro switch series is designed to bridge the gap between unmanaged and fully-managed switches by including select Layer 3 functions. Features include time-based PoE and port scheduling, IPv4/v6 dual stack, IPv6 management, QoS, VLAN support and access control. Layer 3 features include IPv4 static routing, static ARP and IPv6 neighbor discovery.
The four models shown in the table will list for between $399.99 to $1139.99 when they go on sale next month. A spec sheet can be downloaded here.
D-Link DGS-1500 series feature table
New additions to D-Link's "unified wireless" line include the DWC-1000 Wireless Controller, DWL-6600AP Dual-Band Unified Wireless Access Point, DWL-3600AP 2.4 GHz Single-Band Unified Wireless Access Point and DWS-3160-24TC and DWS-3160-24PC Unified Wireless Managed Switches.
The DWC-1000 can configure and control up to 24 APs and cluster up to four controllers, enabling users to manage up to 96 APs with automatic detection and channel assignment as APs are added to the network. Other features include encryption key and password management, fast roaming between APs and automatic channel and power level adjust.
The DWL-6600AP and DWL-3600AP are dual-stream (300 Mbps maximum link rate) access points designed to work with the DWC-1000 and support 802.3af Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE) and Gigabit Ethernet LAN connection. The DWL-6600AP is concurrent dual-band.
D-Link DWL-3600AP and DWL-6600AP
The DWS-3160-24TC and DWS-3160-24PC Unified Wireless Managed Switches combine wireless controller and L2+ managed switch features. They can manage up to 48 APs or up to 192 APs in a switch cluster. Other features include rogue AP and client detection, RF scanning, 802.1x access control, fast roaming, VLAN routing and 802.3af support.
Shipments start next month. MSRPs are:
- DWC-1000 Wireless Controller DWC-1000 $799.99
- DWL-6600AP Dual-Band Unified Wireless Access Point $549.99
- DWL-3600AP 2.4 GHz Single-Band Unified Wireless Access Point $349.99
- DWS-3160-24TC and DWS-3160-24PC Unified Wireless Managed Switches $2,241.99 and $4,013.99 respectively
The last set of announcements are new video surveillance products, i.e.
- DNR-322L mydlink NVR allows users to view live and recorded video from mobile devices or via the web. It supports all D-Link network cameras and records on-demand, on schedule and on motion-triggered event
- DCS-6010 360-degree IP camera is the first fisheye fixed dome network camera from D-Link. The 2 megapixel camera delivers a 180-degree panoramic view via wall mount or 360-degree surround view via ceiling mount without blind spots. Features include ePTZ support, maximum resolution of 1600 x 1200 at 15 fps, adjustable image size and quality and configurable motion detection windows
- DCS-7413 Full HD Day & Night Outdoor Network Camera is a two-megapixel outdoor "bullet" camera with HD resolution and built-in IR illumination. Other features include I/O ports for PIR sensors, switches and alarm relays and PoE support
- DCS-6915 A1 20x Full HD High-Speed Dome Network Camera is a three-megapixel speed dome camera with 20x optical zoom, weather-proof case and H.264, MPEG-4 and Motion JPEG support.
Pricing and availability for the surveillance products have not been set.