The stackable switches can have up to eight units combined for a total of 192 ports and support "hot" insertion and removal. Other features include Layer 2 and Static Layer 3 functions, link aggregation, QoS classification, 256 VLANs and Spanning Tree, RSTP and MSTP support.
The standalone models feature two mini GBIC expansion ports, link aggregation and port mirroring, auto MDI/MDI-X and 802.1x authentication and RADIUS support. Other features include 8 port trunking groups, Broadcast, Multicast, and unknown Unicast storm control and support for 256 VLANs, console port and 802.1p Class of Service (CoS).
The NSS4000 and NSS6000 support up to 15 and 75 simultaneous SMB/CIFS connections respectively. The NSS6000 also features network snapshot and network data aggregation capabilities.
Other features of both products include SMART drive, 802.1p, 802.1q and QoS support, as well as on-disc file encryption, disk failure focator LEDs and secure FTPS (FTP over SSL) access.
All switches are available now at estimated street prices of:
– 24-Port 10/100 + 4-Port Gigabit + 2 SFP Managed Switch (SFE2000) – $410
– 24-Port 10/100 + 4-Port Gigabit + 2 SFP + PoE Managed Switch (SFE2000P) – $660
– 24-Port Gigabit + 4 SFP Managed Switch (SGE2000) – $750
– 24-Port Gigabit +4 SFP PoE Managed Switch (SGE2000P) – $1000
– 24-Port 10/100 + 4-Port Gigabit Switch with WebView and PoE (SRW224G4P) – $470
– 48-Port 10/100 + 4-Port Gigabit Switch with WebView and PoE (SRW248G4P) – $880
All NASes are also available immediately at the following estimated street prices:
– 4 Bay Advanced Gigabit Network Storage System Chassis (NSS6000) – $1400
– 4 Bay Advanced Gigabit Network Storage System Chassis With 1.0TB RAID – $2500
– 4 Bay Gigabit Network Storage System Chassis (NSS4000) – $1000
– 4 Bay Gigabit Network Storage System Chassis With 1.0TB RAID (NSS4100) -$2000