D-Link has added more products to entice small business NAS buyers.
The ShareCenter Pro N and S series include four desktop and one rackmount NASes.
The N-series DNS-1100-04 has 512 MB of RAM and holds four hot-swappable 3.5" SATA drives (up to 2 TB) while the DNS-1200-05 has 1 GB of RAM, five bays and supports up to 3 TB drives.
Both have dual Gigabit Ethernet and USB 2.0 ports, support RAID 0/1/5/6/10, JBOD and individual drive volumes with optional encryption and volume expansion. Data access is via SMB/CIFS, NFS, iSCSI with thin provisioning, HTTP / S and FTP / S.
D-Link DNS-1100-04 (L), DNS-1200-05 (R) and rackmount DNS-1550-04
The ShareCenter Pro S-Series includes the DNS-1250-04 4-bay desktop, DNS-1250-06 6-bay desktop and the DNS-1550-04 4-bay 1U rackmount. Each has 2 GB of RAM, dual Gigabit Ethernet ports and five USB 2.0 ports. The spec sheet for the DNS-1550-04 calls out a 1.8 GHz Intel Atom D525 dual core CPU, which is most likely used in the other two S-Series models.
The DNS-1250-06 also supports RAID 30/50 and the DNS-1550-04 offers dual hot-swappable power supplies.
Software features on the S-series are similar to those on the N. Both series support cloud backup to Amazon S3, attached drives and networked drives via rsync, but can't serve as Apple Time Machine targets.
Pricing (estimated street) and availability is:
- DNS-1100-04 ShareCenter Pro 1100 available next month (October) for $662.99
- DNS-1200-05 ShareCenter Pro 1200 is available now for $773.49
- DNS-1250-04 ShareCenter Pro 1250 will be available next month for $972.99
- DNS-1250-06 ShareCenter Pro 1250 will be available next month for $1,172.99
- DNS-1550-04 ShareCenter Pro 1550 will be available later this month for $1,499.99