ASUSTOR has opened the beta for its ADM 2.1 NAS operating system.
ADM (ASUSTOR Data Master) 2.1 Beta covers all ASUSTOR's NAS series including Series, 2, 3 and 6, expanding the core feature set and adding new apps.
New Core Features include:
- File Explorer with thumbnail previews of files, drag and drop file transfers from computer to NAS, high-speed file transfers of large files through their web browser, and the My Computer feature that allows users to transfer files between their computer and NAS from within File Explorer.
- MyArchive allows users to use hard disks as removable storage archives. Users can simply plug in an archive when they need it and swap it out for a different one when they don't.
- Bluetooth Support for devices including speakers, keyboards and mice.
New NAS Apps include:
- Takeasy allows users to download online videos and playlists from sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, YouKu, Tudou and more.
- The VPN Server App enables the NAS to act as a PPTP or OpenVPN client or server.
- Antivirus with automatic virus definition updates and quarantining of infected files.
Other features in ADM 2.1 beta include a new AiMusic iOS and Android app that works with ASUSTOR's SoundsGood NAS App for streaming music to mobile devices and a Download Helper add-on for Google Chrome and FireFox that allows users to right-click on any download link and then instruct their NAS to download the file for them.
For more information about the ADM 2.1 Beta Program, please visit http://www.asustor.com/betaProgram