QNAP has released a new version of its NAS management software that fixes Mac OS X Lion connectivity and Time Machine backup problems.
New & enhanced features of the V3.5 firmware include:
- Mac OS X Lion support: supports file access and Time Machine backup
- Antivirus: scans the Turbo NAS manually or on recurring schedule and deletes or quarantines files infected by viruses, malware, Trojans, and other malicious threats
- LDAP client: supports joining in an LDAP server and allowing LDAP domain users to access the NAS
- Syslog server: supports collecting, parsing, analyzing, and storing system messages from various servers or network devices
- RADIUS server: provides RAIDIUS-client-enabled devices with centralized account management and authentication for network access
- ISCSI LUN backup with snapshot: supports backing up iSCSI LUNs to different storage locations, restoring back to The Turbo NAS, or creating a LUN snapshot and mapping it to an iSCSI target
- External drive encryption: blocks unauthorized access and protects external drives data by encrypting a disk volume or a specific partition
- Windows Live Messenger notifications: allows the administrator to instantly monitor the NAS status and receive instant notifications on warning and error alerts via Windows Live Messenger
- Service binding support: provides options to allow or block specific services from predefined network interfaces, including Wi-Fi
- TFTP server with PXE booting: provides an easy-to-use method for configuration management of network devices, and supports remote network booting of computers for system imaging or recovery
- Comprehensive Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR) support: the RTRR feature is now available for all Turbo NAS models
- Upgraded MyCloudNAS Ver 1.1: provides QCloud Access Code for secure access control on publishing the NAS services. The administrator can also manually allow private services to up to 9 users
- Surveillance Station enhancement: over 50 IP cameras from AXIS, Cicso/Linksys, D-link, iPUX, LevelOne, TRENDNet, and VIVOTEK are now supported
- Enhanced Router Compatibility: 10 new routers from Apple, ASUS, D-Link, Linksys, Netgear, and ZyXEL are newly compatible with auto router configuration.
The new V3.5 firmware update will be available for the following QNAP Turbo NAS models by mid-August:
TS-809U-RP, TS-859U-RP+, TS-859U-RP, TS-859 Pro+, TS-859 Pro, TS-809 Pro, TS-659 Pro+, TS-659 Pro II, TS-659 Pro, TS-639 Pro, TS-559 Pro+, TS-559 Pro II, TS-559 Pro, TS-509 Pro, TS-459U-RP+/SP+, TS-459U-RP/SP, TS-459 Pro+, TS-459 Pro II, TS-459 Pro, TS-439U-RP/ TS-439U-SP, TS-439 Pro II+, TS-439 Pro II, TS-439 Pro, TS-419U+, TS-419U, TS-419P+, TS-419P, TS-412U, TS-412, TS-410U, TS-410, TS-259 Pro+, TS-259 Pro, TS-239 Pro II+, TS-239 Pro II, TS-239 Pro, TS-219P+, TS-219P, TS-219, TS-212, TS-210, TS-119P+, TS-119, TS-112, TS-110, SS-839 Pro, SS-439 Pro
For more information, visit http://www.qnap.com/fw_v35/features.asp.