There is no doubt that the SqueezeBox is a capable music access point, which transforms your audio files into high fidelity audio. It also has a whole slew of additional gewgaws and capabilities that I haven't covered in this review, such as how Squeezebox is compatible with 40/64 bit WEP encryption, 128 bit WEP encryption, and WPA Personal encryption. Or how Squeezebox integrates with iTunes (yes, SlimServer can uncompress unprotected - non-DRMed - AAC files and send the raw audio to the Squeezebox on-the-fly). It is scary how much thought has been put into making the Squeezebox a useful audio tool.
- Excellent, easy-to-read display (even better than before)
- Lots of connectivity options
- Fantastic cross-platform support
- Outstanding support for a broad array of digital audio formats
- Adding music to the master playlist could (still) be more intuitive