Synology has announced the replacement for its DS1511+ five-bay expandable NAS.
The DS1512+ is essentially a five-bay version of the eight-bay DS1812+ introduced last week. It is based on a 2.13 GHz Intel "Cedar Trail" Atom D2700 CPU with 1 GB of DDR3 RAM that is expandable to 3 GB.
Other hardware features include two Gigabit Ethernet ports supporting failover and aggregation, two USB 3.0, four USB 2.0 and two eSATA ports.
It can be expanded to a total of 15 bays via two eSATA-connected DX510 expansion cabinets for a total of 60 TB of raw capacity using 4 TB drives.
The DS1512+ runs Synology's Linux-based DiskStation Manager OS enhanced with "various business features" including ADS integration for domains up to 100,000 users and groups, ACL support, multiple volumes and iSCSI LUNs, up to 64 iSCSI targets and VMWare, Citrix, Microsoft Hyper-V compliance.
The DS1512+ is shipping now at an MSRP of $799.99.
Most Read This Week
- Actiontec Releases MoCA 2.0 AC Wireless Extenders
- NETGEAR FVS336G-300 ProSafe Dual WAN Gigabit Firewall Reviewed
- TRENDnet TPL-421E2K Powerline 1200 AV2 Adapter Kit with Built-in Outlet Reviewed
- TP-LINK TL-PA8030P KIT 3-Port Gigabit Passthrough Powerline Starter Kit Reviewed
- VLAN How To: Segmenting a small LAN
Top Performing Routers
Top Performing NASes
Over In The Forums
Don't Miss These