QNAP has updated its NAS OS to handle Windows 8.
New & enhanced features of Turbo NAS V3.8 firmware include:
- Windows 8 support: supports Internet Explorer 10, SMB/CIFS and FTP protocols, iSCSI target creation, and many of the Turbo NAS utilities such as Qfinder, NetBak Replicator and QGet
- Photo Station: adds multi-photo management function
- Music Station 3: provides music library to easily play terabytes of songs and thousands of Internet radio stations
- Video Station: provides a platform to build a personal video website
- Download Station 3: a 24/7 download center with ease-of-use, download bandwidth control, and the supportive QGet utility
- DJ Station: a platform to channel personal music playlist through Facebook
- Surveillance Station Pro: supports over 1,400 IP camera models, flexible camera access control, expandable channel license, multi-server monitoring, 5 alarm events and 7 event actions, intelligent video analytics and more. One free IP camera license is available by default in Surveillance Station Pro; users can purchase additional licenses via online store or from QNAP resellers
- Web system setup: conveniently initializes the Turbo NAS via instructions on web setup portal without using an installation CD;
- New application portal: a redesigned start page providing single sign-on for instant access to all authorized applications.
- Proxy client: enables Internet access in the network behind a proxy server to perform firmware live update, virus definition update, and QPKG Center add-on installation;
The new Turbo NAS V3.8 firmware will be available soon for free download for many QNAP NASes.