QNAP has announced new features for its NAS product line.
Key new features added by the V3.4 OS include RAID 10 volume types, "real-time" remote replication (Intel-based products only) and backup to ElephantDrive cloud storage.
Other new features include:
* Advanced Folder Permissions – access control tfor folders and subfolders
* VLAN Support (Intel-based NASes only)
* Download Station V2 – new AJAX interface, broadcatching support (RSS download), and enhanced overall performance
* Advanced Print Server – supports Internet printing with permission control and Bonjour printing for Mac
* MyCloudNAS Remote Access – free built-in DNS service provided for users to register a unique domain name for their NAS
* USB Wi-Fi Network Adapter Support
* New System Management Features – Import/export of users, host-based permissions control, enhanced Virtual Disk support, and direct file viewing via Google Docs